Thursday 16 December 2010

How choices made relate to target audience

Front Cover:


- For the front cover it was a combination of the articles chosen and the related images (local figures such as the recycling manager and local schools such as HGS). The new building information will be interesting to both students and parents alike, so it appeals to two parts of my demographic. This is the same for my 2nd page.

Website:


- For the website, it appeals to the target audience in a similar way to the paper but also appeals to a wider audience. This audience will be more ‘computer-savvy’, although the site is simple enough to use for those who aren’t. Again images and articles appeal to the locality of my target audience.

Poster:


- For my poster I felt I should include some images as while The Sun’s poster is good at aiming at its target audience by listing the features and styles in the paper – it fails to relate to them by giving no examples through imagery. Similarly with The Guardian’s, most of their posters aren’t even for the newspaper in general but for specific features (here it is a WW2 article). I attempted to relate to the target audience by following the stereotypes; the mother is more interested in local events (such as school walks, shops opening etc), the children are more interested in the comics located in the back, the father focuses mainly on the sport, and the young man in the shirt and tie goes for the business section. By doing so and using a family atmosphere it attracts my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment