Wednesday 1 December 2010

Newspaper poster research

To create an advertisement poster for my own newspaper, I have researched the generic conventions of these national newspaper posters. The two newspapers I chose as examples are The Guardian and The Sun.



This advert is for a 7 part series on World War II for The Guardian and The Observer. The design itself is quite minimalistic, stylish, and catches the eye - which is what my own poster will adhere to. The contrasting colours of red/blue and black/white also help the overall effect.



This poster works very well as it literally lists all the features in the paper. To someone who knows nothing about The Sun, they can easily deduct what it's about just from the poster.

My final poster after research and production:

No comments:

Post a Comment